Aug-Sept 2021 Bargaining Round-Up
American Red Cross
- National Addendum: The Coalition of American Red Cross Unions opened national negotiations with Red Cross in early September. In this contract, the Coalition demands:
- Respect for the workers on the front lines
- Protection in the ongoing crisis of Covid
- Fair Pay for the work we do.
The Coalition includes CWA District 2-13 Locals 2201 (link), 13000 (link), and 13500 (link). Get the latest news and mobilization activities from the Coalition’s newsletter,
- NEPA Region: CWA Local 13500 opened negotiations with the NEPA region. The Union is countering Red Cross’s “three staff drive” proposal and working on improving working conditions for members. Read the latest report.
Comcast South Hills
The CWA Local 13000 and Comcast last met on August 26 with wages and shift differentials on the table. Additional dates are being scheduled.
Read the latest report.
The CWA Local 2252 Bargaining Committee is negotiating the INOVA/ASHN contract. The contract’s expiration date has been extended from September 4 to November 3, 2021 as bargaining continues.
In late August, CWA Local 13500’s Bargaining Team signed an
Psychiatric Institute of Washington, D.C.
CWA's Local 2336 Bargaining Committee and PIW extended the contract expiration date. The CBA will remain in effect until January 15, 2022. Negotiations continue.
As the contract’s expiration date - September 30, 2021 at midnight - approaches, the CWA Local 13000 Bargaining Committee continues to fight to fair wages and improved working conditions. Prepare for mobilization actions. The latest report is available here.